Reel Builder Original Scene Shoots
With our reel shoots, we provide full production services to create a high quality scene that truly highlights your acting ability and will jumpstart your demo reel. These scenes are made to look and feel as if they were plucked right out of a feature film.
A lot of actors we have worked with find it challenging to get good footage, or sometimes any tape at all, so we started this service as a fun and hands on experience to solve this problem. We care about what we do and are extremely pleased with the results of the scenes we have shot. We highly recommend checking out the examples below.
How It Works:
Decide if you’d like to do a one or two person scene - we recommend bringing an acting friend to add more on-screen dynamics. Give us a call to schedule a shoot date at one of our Wilmington, NC locations (or a custom location for an additional fee). We will discuss your goals for the shoot and go over the script option you will be using. During pre-pro, we will help coordinate the details of your shoot including set, props, wardrobe, etc. On the day of your shoot, our team will work exclusively with you to capture the best footage possible of your scene. Give us about a week after we wrap, and you will have your fresh, new content ready to send out!
- An original 2-3 page scene featuring 1-3 actors with an approximate run time of 1:30 - 2:00.
- A consultation to determine your goals and script.
- Pre-production help to ensure a smooth shoot.
- A half day of filming with our award-winning cinematographer and awesome crew.
- The experience of being on a professional (and fun) set.
- Shooting on Red Epic 5k camera with pro lighting, audio, and more.
- Full editing services including color grading, sound design, and much more.
- A finished product with superb quality that you can truly be proud of!
Additional Terms & Details
- Shooting to take place in or around Wilmington, NC unless otherwise arranged. *Be on the lookout for dates in your city!
- The shoot day will take approximately five hours.
- Scenes submitted must be original content (that you wrote or have explicit permission to use) and must take place in one of the locations offered below.
- Final product delivered in 1080p via download link.
- We recommend arriving camera ready and having touch ups for hair & makeup on hand.
- We can help coordinate an on set Hair & Makeup Artist for an additional fee if needed.
- Bringing 1-2 extra wardrobe options just in case is always a good idea.
- We will have water available on set - please bring any additional food or beverage items you anticipate needing. (No booze - sorry!)
- If you have a specific location of your own you’d like to use, let us know! We will be happy to work with you on arranging the shoot somewhere of your choosing as time and money permit.
- Turn around time is approximately 5 business days from day of shoot.